The National Wildlife Federation, America's largest wildlife conservation and education non-profit organization and the home of wildlife ambassador Ranger Rick, is seeking an experienced business development and account management professional for its Brand Licensing and Consumer Products department.
The selected candidate will report to the department's Associate Vice President and will advance Brand Licensing and Consumer Products business objectives and revenue goals by focusing on account management of current clients. The Licensing department's Sr. Manager of Business Development & Account Management will generate revenue by leveraging the National Wildlife Federation assets with new and existing Brand Licensing accounts. This position is responsible for a variety of tasks including helping to prepare revenue projections, royalty tracking, budget tracking, as well as negotiating distribution agreements and building and maintaining relationships with all of the National Wildlife Federation's Brand Licensing and Content Distribution partners.
The selected applicant will serve as one of the faces of the National Wildlife Federation's brand and mission when engaging with partners and prospects, and workplace actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with the Associate VP of Brand Licensing to maintain alignment on all financial, product development and retail strategy goals.
- Be involved in day-to-day operational aspects of account projects and scope, financial and product development initiatives: tracking, routing and planning as well as financial forecasting. Responsible for financial tracking/ royalty tracking & reports/ monitoring using the organization's iBudget system.
- Build a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives.
- Identify business development and "add-on" opportunities as they relate to specific accounts, retailers or media & entertainment projects.
- Work to ensure all existing licensing accounts are working at optimum levels.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate business solutions.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase accounts satisfaction and deepen client relationships and revenue potential (i.e. cross-promotions, sales & marketing extensions, etc.).
- Report on sales data with existing retailers and licensees - and provide updates on product placement and movement.
- Identify how non-profit/ conservation-minded/ publishing/ entertainment brands are trending and the newest and latest brands (especially noting kid's/ family brands).
- Effectively apply National Wildlife Federation methodology and enforces project standards; minimizing National Wildlife Federation exposure and risk on projects.
- Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately. Utilize My Media Box software to ensure proper tracking of product approvals, contracts and royalties.
- Identify market trends by license and product category: ability to compile and present statistics to identify market trends (APP rankings, etc.).
- Work with 3rd party sources and internal resources to create tactical insights to support marketing and sales initiatives.
- Brainstorm new ideas and opportunities through various mediums: pop culture/kid trends/IP either via Internet, periodicals, trade shows, etc.
- Continual monitoring and review of sales and business systems/processes to assist in improvement/new initiatives to assist the brand licensing team's decision making.
- Attend various industry trade shows and meetings on an annual basis.
- Assist with coordination of National Wildlife Federation presence at annual Licensing Show and bi-annual Licensing Summits.
- Assist in the development and processing of contracts and shepherding them through the National Wildlife Federation approval process.
- Serve as liaison between Licensing partners and the other National Wildlife Federation divisions such as Marketing, Communications, magazines, etc.
- 2-5+ years of experience including at least 18 months of media, entertainment, licensing & brand experience within the consumer products industry.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills, detailed oriented with excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal teams & external clients.
- Passion for pop culture, media, sustainability/ green product & consumer market trends.
- Strong computer skills with a high level of proficiency in MS excel & asset management database applications; some understanding of Adobe Illustrator, In Design, Photoshop or AutoCAD is a plus.
- Working knowledge of stats packages such as Iconoculture, Google Analytics, Nielsen, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to execute and follow-through: ability to work well under deadlines, oversee multiple projects and prioritize work effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively interact with a range of personalities and styles and to establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to manage multiple key projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated initiative, self-starter: ability to work independently as well as part of a close-knit team.
- Demonstrated ability to assume greater responsibility as circumstances dictate.
- B.A., B.F.A. or B.S in relevant field. M.A. or MBA Preferred, but not required.
There will be some travel required for expos, fairs, etc. There may be some evening and weekend work for travel and to meet deadlines
The National Wildlife Federation is passionate about protecting wildlife and wild places. Interested candidates should submit both a cover letter and resume. We offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation, and a flexible work environment. We are committed to further building a diverse team and strongly encourages all qualified professionals to apply.