The Philanthropy Department of the National Wildlife Federation is seeking an Estates and Annuities Coordinator to join our team. The Coordinator will be responsible for the overall administration of the estates and the annuities programs, maximizing philanthropic investment in the National Wildlife Federation. They will engage and maintain regular communication with external representatives and work across NWF teams as necessary to resolve any issues and administer all estates and annuities to closure. This is an exciting time of growth at the National Wildlife Federation, and the role is ideal for a gift planning professional who is eager to collaborate with a dynamic team and make meaningful contributions towards the Federation's mission to protect wildlife and wild places across America.
In this role you will:
- Conduct a thorough review and analysis of legal documentation received to administer an extensive caseload of wills, trusts and other deferred giving instruments in which the Federation is a named beneficiary
- Review and analyze all estate court pleadings including inventories, accountings, statements of assets and estate tax returns to maximize bequest revenues
- Maintain proactive communication with fiduciaries and attorneys concerning estate settlement status to help secure the maximum, most cost-effective distributions
- Using donor management database, create a tickler system to manage all open estates and record correspondence to maintain up to date records, and ensure timely recording of bequest receivables with Finance. You will work with in-house counsel as needed.
- Represent the Federation with co-charitable beneficiaries on estate issues, communicating directly with attorneys and outside counsel as directed
- Draft and process new gift annuity contracts, working directly with donors, internal NWF teams and various firms who manage the Federation's assets
- Maintain gift annuity data entry, paper files and status reports. Manage all paperwork associated with gift annuity agreements and ensure contracts and corresponding paperwork are up-to-date.
- Arrange stock and mutual fund transfers, and record gift annuity information in the database
- Maintain quarterly reserve account statements and arrange annual review for Gift Planning Team with fund managers and serves as Gift Planning liason with fiduciary representatives as necessary
- Requires an experienced gift planning professional with knowledge and confidence in the areas of estate and trust law
- 3+ years of professional experience as a trust and estate administrator, or relevant gift planning experience at a non-profit organization, is required
- Bachelor's degree required. Paralegal certificate in estate administration (ABA approved certificate) is preferred.
- Experience navigating estate court filings and procedures and in reviewing and understanding inventories, court accountings and financial statements, as well as knowledge of fiduciary accounting, are essential
- Professionalism, with superior interpersonal abilities, communications savvy, and excellent time management and organization skills
- Entrepreneurial and self-starting, with the demonstrated ability to work independently and, when necessary, as an integral part of the team
- Ability to develop reports and conduct analysis aimed at evaluating results and forecasting revenue.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with CRM and other fundraising software, various databases and management reporting tools.
The selected applicant's workplace actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus.
Candidates should submit both a cover letter and resume.
The National Wildlife Federation is America's largest conservation organization, passionate about protecting wildlife and wild places. We offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation, and a flexible work environment. The National Wildlife Federation is committed to further building a diverse team and strongly encourages all qualified professionals to apply.