The Philanthropy Department of the National Wildlife Federation is seeking an Acquisitions Strategist to join our team. The Acquisitions Strategist is responsible for the continued success of the National Wildlife Federation's member and monthly giving acquisition efforts. The role is primarily focused on the execution and implementation of strategies aimed at recruiting loyal donors. As an integral part of Membership's management team, the Acquisitions Strategist will collaborate with the Director, Membership; Membership staff; creative consultants; agency partners; analysts; and program managers to effectively integrate data-driven, multi-channel marketing strategies to recruit members who provide higher lifetime value, and increase donor retention.
This is an exciting time of growth and expansion at the National Wildlife Federation, and this role is ideal for an entrepreneurial self-starter seeking opportunities to contribute meaningfully toward the goal of achieving substantial increases in philanthropic support in the years ahead.
- Develop and implement multichannel acquisition and monthly giving growth strategies aimed at recruiting a robust membership base.
- Direct all activities associated with list planning, procurement, and rental, and manage NWF's relationships with list brokers and purveyors.
- Oversee the development of all models and overlays for acquisition and lapsed strategy efforts, including the management of co-ops and vendors.
- Guide creative and the development of compelling copy in collaboration with Membership staff and agency partners.
- Manage front-end and back-end premium strategy, procurement and inventory.
- Responsible for managing annual budget and monthly re-projections for the Acquisition and Monthly Giving Programs.
- Develop corresponding revenue and expense budgets, implementation plans, and performance metrics to guide the team in rolling out and evaluating strategy.
- Work closely with in-house performance analytics to test strategies and evaluate results, leveraging this information to maximize member lifetime value across all channels.
- Collaborate with teams across NWF to create opportunities for NWF Members to become engaged in NWF's conservation work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5-7+ years of professional experience in membership, fundraising or direct marketing, ideally for a complex national organization.
- College degree required.
- Demonstrated ability in building membership programs, developing and implementing acquisitions strategies, and crafting winning collaterals.
- Passion for the preservation and protection of wildlife and wild places is highly desirable. Experience in environmental conservation a plus.
- Entrepreneurial and self-starting, with the demonstrated ability to work independently and, when necessary, as an integral part of the team. Solid team building skills will serve this position well.
- Professionalism, with superior interpersonal abilities, communications and political savvy, and excellent time management and organization skills.
- Knowledge of industry trends.
- Ability to develop reports and conduct analysis aimed at evaluating results and promote innovative strategies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with CRM and other fundraising software, various databases and management reporting tools.
The selected applicant's workplace actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus.
Candidates should submit both a cover letter and resume.
The National Wildlife Federation is America's largest conservation organization, passionate about protecting wildlife and wild places. We offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation, and a flexible work environment. The National Wildlife Federation is committed to further building a diverse team and strongly encourages all qualified professionals to apply.