The National Wildlife Federation, America's largest wildlife conservation and education non-profit organization and the home of wildlife ambassador Ranger Rick, is seeking an experienced go-getter to serve as Director of Marketing Partnerships. Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing & Communications, this fundraising/sales position is responsible for actively prospecting, pitching, and managing relationships with high-level corporate marketing and sponsorship partners for the National Wildlife Federation's large-scale, mission-driven consumer engagement initiatives. These include, among others, the Great American Campout, Butterfly Heroes, Garden for Wildlife, and National Wildlife Week.
In this job you will perform the following:
New Business Development & Department Operations
- Works with the VP of Marketing & Communications and other internal stakeholders to create and maintain a robust, creative, and results-driven marketing partnerships fundraising strategy, plus a strategy to nurture and expand existing partnerships for the long-term benefit of all involved.
- Achieves the marketing partnership department fundraising target on an annual basis, and assists VP of Marketing & Communications in monthly financial reporting and budget management for the Marketing Partnerships business unit.
- Actively and tirelessly prospects for (and pitches) new corporate marketing partners and sponsors to provide unrestricted funding via large-scale, mass consumer engagement initiatives. "Prospecting" includes identifying, researching, vetting, qualifying, engaging to determine needs and level of interest, assisting in proposal content and metrics, scheduling informal conversations and formal pitch meetings, etc.
- Consistently and accurately updates and maintains portfolio of corporate prospects and partners in the National Wildlife Federation CRM database, and provides monthly status reports to the VP of Marketing & Communications.
- Assists in the preparation and delivery of professional-grade corporate marketing partnership/sponsorship proposal content, and takes initiative to develop creative, brand-amplifying ideas for partnership opportunities. Works closely with Sr. Director of Creative Services and Brand Management who is in charge of the design and production of formal proposal decks and videos.
- Follows internal National Wildlife Federation policies and procedures for vetting corporate funding prospects.
- Works closely with the National Wildlife Federation's Corporate Foundation & Government Grants team to share prospects and opportunities, and to maintain clear lines of relationship management for our many different types of corporate partnerships.
Relationship Management and Execution
- Manages and maintains current corporate partners, safeguarding relationships, ensuring highest level of customer service and delivery of benefits, and works to maximize and increase levels of support and number of multi-year extensions. This includes assisting Manager of Partnership Services as needed to ensure that partners are receiving deliverables on schedule and on budget, and to maintain excellent communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success with sourcing and securing new corporate sponsors.
- Min. 4 years of experience in account management and developing and pitching (by phone and face-to-face) successful, large-scale marketing partnerships or corporate sponsorships.
- Provides valuation and on-going analysis during the course of each relationship
- Stays abreast of partner business needs and activities so that the National Wildlife Federation can best address these in our partnership expansion proposals, and notifies key internal stakeholders when important developments take place at these partner businesses.
- The selected applicant will serve as one of the faces of the National Wildlife Federation's brand and mission when engaging with partners and prospects, and workplace actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus:
- Frequent local travel and travel across the U.S. for partner and prospect presentations, relationship cultivation, attending conferences to prospect, etc. It is important to enjoy being out and about as a representative of the National Wildlife Federation and its marketing partnership opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide positive supervision and mentoring for volunteers and support staff.
- Must enjoy and excel at the art of the sale including cold calls, negotiation, and making presentations a people person with a business mind.
- Professional demeanor in person as well as on the phone; strong customer service and presentation skills
- Understanding of non-profit corporate philanthropy, sponsorship and marketing
- Enthusiastically works in a spirit of partnership for the greater good to share ideas, contacts, and information with other units of the National Wildlife Federation that engage in corporate fundraising and execution.
- Works in true collaboration across all internal program and operational units day-in and day-out.
- Contributes to the overall success of the department by collaborating on special projects, cross promoting programs, actively participating in ad hoc committees and/or brainstorming sessions and generally supporting fellow team members
- Seeks out corporate partners and participant activities aligned with our organization's emphasis on the importance of diversity, inclusivity, and equality - fostering a climate that is open and welcoming to diverse people, ideas, and perspectives.
- Is mindful of words and actions while doggedly pursuing ambitious goals and when unexpected challenges arise.
- Maintains a solid understanding of the National Wildlife Federation; its mission, programs and initiatives, history, goals, plus corporate and societal trends. Does nothing to endanger the organization's stellar reputation as a trusted wildlife conservation and education non-profit organization.
- Effectively balances the desire to raise needed funds with the importance of maintaining focus on our mission and on our brand's stellar reputation.
The National Wildlife Federation is passionate about protecting wildlife and wild places. Interested candidates should submit both a cover letter and resume. We offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation, and a flexible work environment. We are committed to further building a diverse team and strongly encourages all qualified professionals to apply.