The National Wildlife Federation, America's largest wildlife conservation and education non-profit organization and the home of wildlife ambassador Ranger Rick, is seeking a detail-oriented self-starter with strong video production skills writing, shooting, editing, and producing - to serve as Manager of Multi-Media Content Creation.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Creative Services & Brand Management, this position is responsible for creating a wide variety of high quality and compelling video content to support the Federation's strategic goals. The Manager of Multi-Media Content Creation must work closely with staff across many departments to creatively target messages for specific audiences and outcomes while focusing on the organization's overall goals and brand. This key position is responsible for the full product cycle of delivering a multi-media project, from conception to script writing, shooting to editing, and finally to completion.
The ideal candidate is well-organized and resourceful, with demonstrated video production skills. A "can do" attitude is required and the individual must be able to work in a fast-paced, complex, and collaborative environment.
In this role you will:
- Create multi-media content, including conception, scripting, shooting and other production and editing, for organizational marketing and communication needs to:
- Support the National Wildlife Federation strategic plan and marketing initiatives across the complete range of platforms and distribution channels;
- Become fluent in our core programs and positions on conservation issues;
- Develop opportunities to leverage the National Wildlife Federation production know-how and staff talent to amplify the organization's strategic goals;
- Create and maintain design assets that reflect and amplify the National Wildlife Federation's branding guidelines;
- Create a working environment where spokespeople are comfortable and can excel;
- Direct and coach a variety of staff members to maximize their talents as message carriers;
- Facilitate high-end audio/video production for the National Wildlife Federation's events or activities with high marketing or branding potential;
- Develop project concepts that can be repurposed for the complete range of platforms and audiences;
- Manage the National Wildlife Federation's YouTube Channel. Use the latest video techniques to attract online audiences for awareness, activism and/or fundraising purposes;
- Maintain and upgrade production facilities, archives and asset management system;
- Negotiate for services and supervise outside contractors, as required.
This position involves travel, as the Manager supports audio-visual production for the National Wildlife Federation's events and activities with high marketing or branding potential, while potentially managing outside vendors when needed. The Manager will travel to the National Wildlife Federation's events and conferences to document and support A/V production or to gather assets for other productions.
- BS/BA in television production, film, media, communications, or related field desired;
- Minimum of 2 years' production experience;
- Superior writing (including script-writing), shooting, editing and time management skills;
- Proven track record in handling complex and varied projects;
- Ability to conceive and execute on creative multi-media projects in a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated ability to manage and follow-through on multiple short and long-term projects;
- Proficiency with both PC and Apple computers, word processing, and video production software and media.
- Working knowledge of new technologies and distribution methods for all facets of the production environment.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to work collaboratively with and provide concise feedback to content matter experts across a number of fields
The selected applicant's workplace actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and examples of video/media production experience when submitting their resume and application.
The National Wildlife Federation is passionate about protecting wildlife and wild places. Interested candidates should submit both a cover letter and resume. We offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation, and a flexible work environment. We are committed to further building a diverse team and strongly encourages all qualified professionals to apply.