The National Wildlife Federation is seeking an innovative Marketing Manager to join our Publications marketing team in Reston, VA. Our team exploits all media to acquire and retain relationships with subscribers to our publications and to convert them into life-long members of the National Wildlife Federation, devoted to helping wildlife thrive in a rapidly changing world (see nwf.org). This a chance to take your marketing talents to new levels and save wildlife.
The Marketing Manager will have experience in all media and bring a passion for learning and achieving in an open, collaborative workplace. The Marketing Manager will be a self-starter, able to work independently and within a team to accomplish multiple projects under budget and ahead of schedule.
This position is responsible for managing marketing for National Wildlife Federation's publications including the implementation of circulation marketing strategy, tactics, scheduling, and coordinating the design process across multi-channel vendors.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proven results in direct response relationship, subscriber and/or membership marketing in all current media, including e-mail, web, and mail
- Experience managing teams, including in-house departments and outsourced vendors
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Experience with Convio, Omniture, Sitecore, SEM, Facebook advertising a plus
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to consistently complete projects under budget and ahead of schedule
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills
- Solid writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated willingness to work as a team player and effectively work in a busy environment
- Understanding of the production process and terminology preferred
- Passion to learn, to be challenged, to push marketing skills to new levels
There may be some travel (approx. 5%) involved in this role.
The National Wildlife Federation, America's largest conservation organization, is passionate about protecting wildlife and wild places. Interested candidates should submit both a cover letter and resume. We offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation, and a flexible work environment. NWF is committed to further building a diverse team and strongly encourages all qualified professionals to apply.